Terms of Service
By creating a user account on Blobfolio, you agree to the following common-sense password practices:
- You will not recycle passwords from other web sites or accounts you happen to have.
- You will maintain a strong password for your account.
- You will strictly limit access to your account by, e.g., not sharing your login information willynilly.
- You are solely responsible for actions undertaken by anyone who accesses your account, whether such access is authorized by you or not.
0.1 Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Time-based One Time (TOTP) 2-Factor Authentication is available to all users. 2FA adds an additional layer of security to the login process, requiring both the account password and a one-time code generated by a program like Google Authenticator (Android || iOS).
This is a great feature and highly recommended, but if you plan to use it, you must agree to the following:
- You are solely responsible for ensuring that you are not accidentally and irrevocably locked out of your account due to loss or damage of device, etc.
- You agree to take adequate precautions against this, such as providing a recovery phone number (to which a TOTP code can be texted) and/or backing up the TOTP secret so that a code generator can be installed on a secondary device.
- For security reasons, we will not manually alter your 2FA settings or assist in restoring access to your account should you become locked out, as such actions would utterly defeat the purpose of 2FA protection! The only exceptions to this policy of non-interference are:
- Cases where technical errors site-side prevent TOTP codes from being properly verified.
- You email firstname.lastname@example.org within 2 hours of implementation from your account email (we will write back to confirm the request).
- Support for 2FA is discontinued or modified site-wide.
- You and you alone have the power to enable or disable this feature via the Security Settings page. You must be able to access your account (i.e. log in) in order to change this setting.
- If a device used for authentication is lost or stolen, you agree to regenerate the secret used for TOTP code generation.
1. Plugins, Themes, Code Samples, & Other Downloads
1.0 General Use
This site contains dozens of code samples, plugins, themes, and other downloads. This content is made available in the hope that it will be of use to you (and the broader developer community), but is done so without any warranty. You are fully responsible for your use of any of this material, including all consequences, good or bad, that result.
Just use your common sense. Make a backup, review the code (it’s all there to see!), deploy to a staging environment first, etc.
1.1 Code Licenses
All of our code, libraries, plugins, themes, and so forth, are published under a general license like WTFPL, GPL, or Apache. Any use, distribution, and/or modification by you or any third-party must remain compliant with the original license.
We’re copyleft sorts of people, so it shouldn’t be a problem, but when in doubt, please ask your friendly neighborhood IP lawyer.
1.2 Premium Licenses
All Premium License purchases are final. Before making any purchase (and thank you, by the way!), you agree to take the free version of the item for an adequate test drive. The free and pay versions both use identical code — the bonus features are there regardless, just inactive without registration — so any compatibility issues, shortcomings, misunderstandings, etc., that might arise are discoverable without any upfront investment.
But that said, we want you to be happy. If you have made a purchase that you need to cancel and are really, truly in a bind, please reach out to email@example.com and we’ll see what we can do.
For more information about Premium Licensing, check out the FAQ.
2.0 White/Grey Hats
We do not mind if you poke around a little bit and try to find system vulnerabilities or bugs. Hacking can be helpful, and we want to provide the best service possible. However if you put on the hat, you agree to abide by the following:
- You will not conduct any experiments that threaten the stability of the site or its services.
- You will follow responsible disclosure protocols. Please privately report any issues to firstname.lastname@example.org and delay any public release until the issues have been addressed. We’re not Oracle; we’ll fix shit ASAP.
- You will not corrupt, pervert, or access any other users’ data, unless you have permission from or are that user.
- Don’t break anything.
Violating the above guidelines may result in the termination of your account.
2.1 Black Hats
Any individual deemed, at our sole discretion, a threat to the stability or operation of the site or services is subject to account cancellation.
3. Some Rights Reserved
We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your orders, licenses, or all site operations, at any time, for any reason. This isn’t something we take lightly, but has to be included in any ToS.
By engaging with the site, making purchases, etc., you agree to abide by the terms in this document, as well as anything mentioned elsewhere on the site or in external communications (emails, etc.).
We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time. We will notify all customers in the event something substantial has changed. Otherwise refer to the timestamp at the bottom of this page to see when it was last updated.